Yeah, I bought
Sports Night on DVD. I got hooked by
The West Wing and I found out that Aaron Sorkin also did
Sports Night, I slowly began to find out if it was worth my $45 dollars. Turns out, it was. ABC is run by complete morons who wouldn't recognize a quality show if it came up, sat on their heads. They moved it from timeslot to timeslot and added a jarring laugh track. (MASH on DVD comes with an soundtrack
sans laugh track,
Sports Night does not.) But the characters are funny, It is like
The West Wing, but with Sports. Much of the Dialogue from
The West Wing originated on
Sports Night. Sadly, after two years,
Sports Night was cancelled. However, most of the people moved on to better things. Peter Krause who played anchor Casey McCall later played Nate Fisher on HBO's critically acclaimed drama
Six Feet Under Aaron Sorkin and Tommy Schlamme who wrote and directed most of the episodes, respectively moved on to become the executive producers of
The West Wing Brian Grazer and Ron Howard who produce the show (Yes, that Ron Howard) moved on and at least one of them has an Oscar. But they both produced the groundbreaking real-time drama
24
By all means, buy this on DVD. Even if you don't understand sports. It's a show about a show about sports, that isn't about sports at all. And also check out Six Feet Under on DVD. Yes, I'm talking to you. It's at your local Blockbuster. Yeah, it's good. But then again, I am a sucker for critically acclaimed TV. Unless its produced by a certain man with a penchant for setting shows in Boston (David E. Kelley, I am looking
directly at you)
That's all for now. Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow.