<$BlogRSDURL$>

What Kind of Life Has It Been

My name is Jonah, and this is the new blog. I carry on Michael's torch while he lights himself on fire over at http://www.whatkindofdayhasitbeen.squarespace.com

17 October 2003

The Trip: Part Two - Casino Royale 

Shoutout to Tartuffe who, unfortunatly, has one of the dorkiest haircuts ever (Buzzcut accompanied with thick glasses)

I support casinos in Indiana. I think we should develop one of Southern Indiana's dreary backwater burgs into a glittering playground for adults. It is less then a year before I can drive and less than seven before I can gamble. I think that instead of going to Las Vegas or Atlantic City, (*shudder*) I should be able to drive down 135 towards Nashville, where I could sleep in a pyramid or a castle! Or maybe the Seagram Building. Or maybe in one of those other three sided towers that are so coommon in Las Vegas. And Nashville? Couldn't get much worse. I mean forget staying in a tiny inn with uncomfortable beds and eating apple butter & biscuits. Indiana doesn't need apple butter & biscuits. We need 99 cent shrimp cocktails. On that note I present to you The Christie Plan for Southern Indiana

1.) Move the Hillbillies
Yeah, you heard me. I mean we have some big bucolic land up in Northern Indiana, let's just fence it in. We've got ourselves a Hillbilly Reserve. Yeah! Plunk down a pickup truck, maybe a tractor, some tiny houses, a few chickens, and one of "them thur big-ass Walmarts" and we can have a gambling vacation free of Hicks and Hillbillies.

2.) It will Boost the Economy
The amount of people who can be employed by casinos is exponential! Building ten or fifteen casinos would create hundreds if not thousands of jobs. IU students could moonlight as Showgirls and Cocktail Waitresses! Cashiers! Valets! Pit Bosses! Casino Hosts! And they'll all be spunky and clever like on NBC

I think this is a good plan. Do You? Send Me Mail! Reader Mail! I want some Mail! Next Week (or rather tomorrow) Will Any of you send me mail? Will I find anything good about fall? Will Tartuffe's hair grow back over the weekend thus obscuring his giant fuzzy misshapen head? Find Out! Next Week! Same Blog Time, Same Blog Place!

In his first news conference after being elected Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger promised to "clean house in Sacramento." He also threatened to "molest the energy crisis" and to "date rape the deficit."
-Tina Fey, Saturday Night Live 10/11 - Weekend Update
posted by Michael  # 3:42 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005   01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006   03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006   04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006   12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007   10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?