<$BlogRSDURL$>

What Kind of Life Has It Been

My name is Jonah, and this is the new blog. I carry on Michael's torch while he lights himself on fire over at http://www.whatkindofdayhasitbeen.squarespace.com

20 December 2003

100,000 Airplanes: Part One 

The Limo picked us up early. Also it wasn't so much a limo as a Grand Marquis, but let's just skip that part. We arrived at the airport around 6:00. We checked in by 6:30. The funny thing about holiday travel is that you never know where you'll make your connection. We were supposed to go through St. Louis, but ended up switching in Chicago (Yay!) but Mom paniced because Chicago means cold and cold means ice and Ice means deformed wings and that means a painful death for us all! AND WHY DO THE TAGS ON OUR LUGGAGE SAY NEW DELHI! WE'RE GOING TO LA! AAAAH!
We went to the security line which stretched almost to the US Airways ticket counter at the other end of the airport. I was thirsty and thus annoying. Tim was simply annoying. I got a Mountain Dew and was placated. After an eternity of waiting (one of the more entertaing moments, someone was cutting in line and got sent to the very back. Heh Heh Heh.) the pressure and close proximity to other people left me sweatier than Christina Aguleria after having hot monkey sex with what ever living organism happens to be in her line of vision, we finally made our way to the gate.
We boarded the plane without incident. We were in various seats scattered throughout the airplane, but Mom (who is already majorly stressed at this point) had a middle seat. Aww...sad. It seemed like forever to get going, but we finally did (and anyone who knows where to buy hilarious old airline safety demonstration equipment needs to contact me, because I totally want some) Finally, the engines roared to life, hurtling us down the runway at a speed that Orville and Wilbur Wright never could have imagined. The runway was bumpy and rattled the plastic so much that I was positive that the bags had indeed shifted in flight.
We're now at 60,000 with 30 minutes until landing. Weather in Chicago is clear and cold with the temperature at 11 degrees. Brrr. The flight attendant just did her thang and got all the Apple Juice containers from the passengers.

Gate Information is as follows
All Artists Arriving at Austin:Gate H-15
Dumb Denziens of Dear Denver: Gate K-15
Many Many Madisonians: Gate G-10
I'm done with this

It is beautiful looking down on Illinois though. Hey! Look! Wheatfield! The plane makes the "ding ding" noise that probably means disaster, but sounds ever so pleasant. We're decending into Chicago, whic is pretty cool. I hope I can get an Entertainment Weekly at O'Hare because I've already finished the American Airlines in-flight magazine with Kiefer.

More Convorsation...
Sophia: So You're like engaged to everyone? Even me? Cause that's just creepy
Michael: It's not voluntary. Believe me. I just wonder who I'm going to be engaged to now?
Jonah: Remember those times when I was vaguely gay?
Michael: Oh Lord, not you too
Jonah: Nah. I'm just screwing with your mind.
Michael: So who's my new...fiance?
Nathan: That would be me.
Michael *Gasp* *Faint*

Tomorrow: "100,000 Airplanes: Part Two" From Chicago to LA.
posted by Michael  # 10:46 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005   01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006   03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006   04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006   12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007   10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?