<$BlogRSDURL$>

What Kind of Life Has It Been

My name is Jonah, and this is the new blog. I carry on Michael's torch while he lights himself on fire over at http://www.whatkindofdayhasitbeen.squarespace.com

21 December 2003

100,000 Airplanes: Part Two 

The Landing in Chicago was uneventful for the most part, but we ran like crazy to make our connection and American Airlines held our connection for us. We had bulkhead seats (7A, 7B) with Tim and Mom scattered throughout the airplane. We got food in American Airlines Bistro Bags. The movie on the flight was one of my favorites ever, Finding Nemo. We crossed the Rocky Mountains and saw the Four Corners. From where we are right now I can see Mesa Verde National Monument and six butts…I mean Buttes. Suddenly all the lectures in Earth Science mkes sense. I just looked onto the wing and saw no gremlin there so all is well on the 737. It’s interesting that all of the geography of the east cost is glacial, while the west coast seems almost volcanic. I haven’t mentioned this yet, but there’s a family behind us (8A-8C) who are traveling to, from what I’ve inferred, Hawaii. The children have been kicking the seat and talking extraordinarily loud.

Example:
Dad: Hey. Look out the window.
Kid #1: IT’S THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS! ISN’T THAT COOL, DAD? ROCKY MOUNTAINS! WOO! WHERE’S THE DVD?

It’s cloudy over Arizona. In the distance I can see a snow covered peak, but the name seems to elude Dad and I. Also this from the seat behind us: “GRAND CANYON! WOO! WE SAW THE GRAND CANYON! DON’T YOU JUST WANT TO BEAT US TO DEATH WITH YOUR CARRY-ON LUGGAGE?” Wait, that last part was me. My bad. The Grand Canyon from 32,000 feet looks like an enormous crack that you would find in a sidewalk. But it’s still amazing. The plane turned so the people on the other side could see it and now I’m more than likely to throw up everywhere. We’re less than an hour away. Landing was fine. More Tomorrow

Michael: So, you’re like bi? What about Ashley?
Nathan: I do love Ashley…
Michael: Well marry her then
Nathan: I think I will do that. I have to break off the engagement, though. Is that OK with you?
Michael: It will hurt for a while, but I’ll get over it.
(Nathan Leaves. Michael Sits)
Michael: Well I wonder who’s next in the parade of fiancés. Hey, who’s the blonde over there talking to Nathan.
Marten: That would be me, loverboy.
Michael: *gasp* *faint*

Tomorrow: “The Tourists in the Lobby” The first two full days at Grandma’s house.

posted by Michael  # 8:15 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003   09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003   10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003   11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003   12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004   01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004   02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004   09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004   10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004   11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005   08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005   10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005   01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006   03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006   04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006   12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007   10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?