Shoutout to Rick and Linda Davis who officially rock the party. Mad Props to our homies at Rain Bird Sprinkler Company.
Previously on What Kind of Day Has It Been: 20 Hours of a corporate outing were detailed. We stayed at the Pasadena Hilton. The Year was almost over.
Our laptop is broken. One of those outrageous blooper shows is playing loudly on the tv behind me. I am looking out a panoramic window towards the Rose Bowl and three or four large helicopters are patrolling the skies. The Rose Bowl is one of many suspected targets for acts of terrorism. Which may mean this entry may never get published. I'm confident in the security here (they have biological chemical detectors, not to mention the previously mentioned helicopters) and the fact that the parade begins with a
frigging stealth bomber helps. But my doubts resurface and I'm a little bit scared.
There's almost no one on Los Robles Avenue, although the story on Colorado is more than a little bit different. Hundreds of people pack onto the street the day before in order to get a good view of the parade. Speaking of the Rose Parade, I've gotten gifts for the Compendium gang and some are quite vile. Ha! I crack myself up.
I look into the distance to see that the Downtown Core is still there. Traffic has picked up a bit. I walked into the conjoined room. I haven't written an entry in three days. My writing style is disorganized to say the least. I miss the Compendium gang. The last time I checked it, Sophia had just updated. I really want to check it here but since internet is $2.99 for connection and fifty-nine cents per minute down in the business center that plan, she has been axed. I've had dreams about checking Compendium, that's how desperate I am at this point.
Hey! Look! The West Wing! I know, there's a big party downstairs and I'm upstairs watching The West Wing in room 811. The hors’oderves sucked. Also anyone who can name the episode I'm watching or why the episode is significant in the history of the show (and comments it first, with e-mail address) gets a fabulous prize. (not really) I'll post the link to the recap written by the marvelous djb next time [Of Past Regret and Future Fear, so don't be expecting it too soon... --Michael] Oops. Gave it away. Well kind of. But I know that Erin will be deeply saddened by the change. Unless she also has a thing for Josh Malina.
Note To Jonah - You are
so out. Trebuchets are so five-minutes ago. Naked Old Women are in. And two of them (Diane Keaton and Helen Mirren) are up for Golden Globes. So Nyah.
Next Time: "Of Past Regret and Future Fear" A look back and a look forward.